nefreejacks Free Jacks
The New England Free Jacks are an explosive and excitable professional rugby team competing in Major League Rugby (MLR), the premier North American professional competition. With an insatiable appetite and capacity for competition and celebration the Free Jacks are more than a professional sports team, we are an aspiring and innovative live events, media, and consumer products organization that is undivided in our purpose of creating experiences that spark hope and ignite the fire to live life to the fullest.
The Free Jacks aim to create unforgettable in-person experiences and deliver dynamic digital content that delights and excites fans as a consumer-centric, world-class entertainment company. We never forget that life is better together, on and off the pitch.
About the Position
The Director of Commercial Partners–a highly motivated and creative individual with a passion for solving the needs of our future partners–is responsible for connecting commercial partners to our current and future assets including jersey and kit space, event naming rights, standard sponsorship packages, broadcast inventory, and digital assets including social media, podcasts, and other online inventory.
The incumbent will engage new and existing strategic partners to drive business value to the Free Jacks. The ideal candidate will have a proven history of securing large corporate partnerships and a solid understanding of the sports entertainment space. (We are open to candidates without direct sports entertainment experience if they have a proven history of closing deals, taking care of partners, and are excited to a part of building a global sports entertainment brand.) This individual will be responsible for partnership strategy, business development and management of key relationships to ensure and bring value to our partners and to the Free Jacks.
The role works closely with the marketing and digital teams on driving initiatives and programs, and with the Free Jacks on aligning brands and opportunities.
This is a full-time position located in Newton, Massachusetts
- Spearhead the Free Jacks partnership strategy and lead all facets of the sales cycle, including but not limited to: prospecting, customer tracking, assessment and fit, analysis and modelling, industry research, proposals, contracting, and delivery on partnership activations.
- Negotiate and execute contracts with existing and future partners.
- Prospect for potential partners
- Find and create exclusive sponsorship categories with long term contracts
- Build creative solutions to best activate partner and Free Jacks brands.
- Build relationships with Free Jacks fans and sponsors on a one-to-one basis.
- Interact with key decisions makers and account-holders with blue chip sponsors.
- Work with marketing and event teams to ensure delivery on partnership activations.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent training or experience required) in event planning, experiential marketing, or related field, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of corporate partnership sales with a proven track record of closing deals, preferably higher level, and ability to negotiate and create contracts
- Ability to set meetings with c-level executives and comfortable in conversation
- Excellent listening skills
- Creativity is essential to fulfill the needs of the partner in a measurable way
- Ability to set and attain revenue goals
- Self-motivated and accountable
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to translate data into relevant insights
- Strategic thinker with outstanding work ethic, communication and leadership skills
- Excellent project management and interpersonal skills with meticulous attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to build positive relationships with natural teamwork skills and delegation in a growing team
- Ability to prioritize events and tasks while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Problem-solve and provide solutions for partners.
- Organization, time management, and extreme detail-attentive skills are a must.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Experience speaking in front of large crowds is preferred.
Free Jacks is an equal opportunity employer. We will ensure that qualified applicants with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.teamworkonline.com.