NEfreejacks Free Jacks
The New England Free Jacks are an explosive and excitable professional rugby team competing in Major League Rugby (MLR), the premier North American professional competition. With an insatiable appetite and capacity for competition and celebration the Free Jacks are more than a professional sports team, we are an aspiring and innovative live events, media, and consumer products organization that is undivided in our purpose of creating experiences that spark hope and ignite the fire to live life to the fullest.
The Free Jacks aim to create unforgettable in-person experiences and deliver dynamic digital content that delights and excites fans as a consumer-centric, world-class entertainment company. We never forget that life is better together, on and off the pitch.
About the Position
The Event and Fan Engagement Manager is a highly motivated and creative individual with a passion for entertainment and creating memorable live event experiences. To succeed, you will have an understanding of the sports and entertainment industry, thrive in a high pressure environment, and have a proven track record in events planning and management.
The Event and Fan Engagement Manager is responsible for the planning, preparation, presentation and optimal execution of all Free Jacks events, inclusive of match-day festivals, promotions and tours, fan parties, watch parties, pub partnerships, conferences, and special events.
The ideal candidate thrives on delivering memorable experiences to every person they meet and engage with at each event. They are a conductor of energy, showcase the values of the Free Jacks, deliver hope and aspiration for fun and excitement. They are responsible for all aspects of our live-events strategy and execution. The role works closely with the marketing and digital teams on driving initiatives and programs, and with the Free Jacks on aligning brands and opportunities.
This is a full-time position located in Newton, Massachusetts
- Spearhead the Free Jacks event and match day event strategy, including but not limited to: identifying key events, internal team training for attendees and fans (ticket sales, merchandise sales, etc.), maintain pre- and post-match communication, and event attendance
- Work with Director of Marketing to organize and staff live events and fan events
- Work with Director of Marketing to develop event strategy and objectives; spearhead initiatives to meet objectives based on fan engagement, email list, and more
- Negotiate and execute contracts for large- and small-scale events
- Travel frequently – up to 50% of your time will be spent traveling to various events
- Drive marketing influenced top of the funnel brand opportunities through onsite activations
- Analyze, track, and report on event ROI based on predetermined engagement, revenue, and attendance metrics using CRM, email marketing, project management, and similar systems
- Manage a team of event marketing specialists for match day events
- Build relationships with Free Jacks fans and sponsors on a one-to-one basis
- Interact with key decisions makers and account-holders with blue chip sponsors
- Work with in-house social team to ensure event display accurately represents the Free Jacks brand
- Responsible for ordering and tracking event inventory include collateral, giveaways, etc.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent training or experience required)
- 3-5 years of related sales experience ideally in the sports or entertainment industry with a proven track record of planning and execution
- Expertise in identifying opportunities and developing creative solutions for partners
- Experience working with venue-based, sports team, and / or digital sponsorship sales preferred
- Real passion for social media and fan/customer engagement online, including in-depth knowledge of social media platforms, market trends, methodologies, and tools of the trade
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to translate data into relevant insights
- Strategic thinker with outstanding work ethic, communication and leadership skills
- Dedicated to staying informed on all the trends across compelling sponsorship activations.
- Ability to build positive relationships with natural teamwork skills and delegation in a growing team
- Ability to prioritize events and tasks while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Organization, time management, and extreme detail-attentive skills are a must.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Experience speaking in front of crowds is preferred.
Free Jacks is an equal opportunity employer. We will ensure that qualified applicants with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.teamworkonline.com.