NEfreejacks Free Jacks
The New England Free Jacks are an explosive and excitable professional rugby team competing in Major League Rugby (MLR), the premier North American professional competition. With an insatiable appetite and capacity for competition and celebration the Free Jacks are more than a professional sports team, we are an aspiring and innovative live events, media, and consumer products organization that is undivided in our purpose of creating experiences that spark hope and ignite the fire to live life to the fullest.
The Free Jacks aim to create unforgettable in-person experiences and deliver dynamic digital content that delights and excites fans as a consumer-centric, world-class entertainment company. We never forget that life is better together, on and off the pitch.
About the Position
Rugby is all about fun, hard-hitting action and being part of a dynamic global community that stands by you through good times and bad. We are looking for somebody that can tell these stories and show new fans first-hand why they should want to become part of this community.
We want a Social Media Manager that can create engaging content that fuels the conversation online but also has the technical abilities to understand how to draw in new audiences and new fans in the most cost efficient and effective way for the brand. This person is a highly motivated and creative individual with a passion for entertainment and creating memorable online experiences. To succeed, you will have an understanding of the sports and entertainment industry and thrive in a high-pressure environment. You will craft organic and improvisational content and find outstanding ways to use and improve our creative assets. In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of our social media, including creating content, analyzing social media trends, and leading social media projects. You will work closely with the digital and field (event) team on driving initiatives and programs, and with the Free Jacks on aligning brands and opportunities.
This is a full-time position located in Newton, Massachusetts
- Lead all Free Jacks social media content and strategy efforts including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Linkedin, YouTube, etc.
- Grow and build our fan base while maintaining the quality and relationships of our followers.
- Manage all social media platforms in coordination with the league, internal groups, outside agencies, and external vendors.
- Develop and lead the Free Jacks voice on all platforms, understanding the nuances of each social channel to drive followers and engagement growth.
- Craft and implement media and content strategies for the Free Jacks.
- Run and coordinate the editorial calendar and ensure consistent brand messaging and clear communications across all media, including advertising materials and promotional copy.
- Analyze data using analytic platforms to evolve the social media strategy, identify trends, provide social media insight and advising, and execute your recommendations to build results.
- Leverage technology platforms to amplify reach, content, and accessibility.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent training or experience required) in marketing, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of social media marketing experience ideally in the sports or entertainment industry with a proven track record of increased engagement and growing audiences.
- Experience using Adobe Suite such as Photoshop, Premiere, or other editing and content creation software.
- Real passion for social media and fan/customer engagement online, including in-depth knowledge of social media platforms, market trends, methodologies, and tools of the trade.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to translate data into relevant insights.
- Strategic thinker with outstanding work ethic, communication and leadership skills.
- Dedicated to staying informed on all the trends across digital marketing with an emphasis on social media tools and platforms.
- Excellent project management and interpersonal skills with meticulous attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to build positive relationships with teamwork skills in a growing team.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with the ability to learn and provide solutions for issues.
Free Jacks is an equal opportunity employer. We will ensure that qualified applicants with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.teamworkonline.com.